Inventor | Innovator | Technology Consultant | Artificial Intelligence Evangelist
Open-Source Contributor | Volunteer | ChangeMaker | Keynote Speaker | Entrepreneur
On a mission to democratize Artificial Intelligence (AI) to make its benefits accessible to everyone
What I Do
I like taking products from 'idea to reality' to users and beyond.
DESIGN / UX
I like 'designing' to give my product users a great experience.
I like 'coding' to build innovative mobile, web and IoT applications.
I like 'researching' to get updated on the latest tools & technologies.
LateraLogics Innovations LLP
Founder & President, Jan 2012 - Nov 2020
Founder & President of LateraLogics - a technology company I started with a vision to come up with innovative solutions that will help make our world a better place!
We are a growing team of passionate individuals on a mission to change the way people live, learn, work and play by offering them technology solutions that are most innovative and affordable.
Our specialties include:
- Off-the-shelf Technology Solutions
- Custom Technology Solutions Development
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Consultant, June 2019 - Dec 2020
Artificial Intelligence (AI) Consultant for Learnnovators - a multiple-award-winning organization that specializes in the design and development of innovative and effective e-learning solutions for the workplace.
My responsibilities include:
- Performing continuous research to identify the potential uses of AI in improving the effectiveness of workplace learning
- Formulating strategies that can help Learnnovators plan its AI technology roadmap for the future
- Make recommendations on the most relevant AI initiatives that can help Learnnovators take their existing business to the next level
- Providing direct or remote consultation to the technology team on technology-related development activities when required
- Helping drive brand awareness on Learnnovators' learning initiatives on the social media channels in the role of a brand ambassador
Participant, May 2020 - June 2020
Participant at the Harappa Virtual Internship Program, a power-packed online internship to help one build habits crucial for success, with a combination of real-time projects, online courses and masterclasses.
Campus Editor, December 2018 - December 2019
Campus Editor of LinkedIn responsible for creating content on the platform, working with LinkedIn Editors to set goals and pitch article ideas, identifying great contributors on campus, and encouraging them to publish articles, updates and videos, connecting with professors and administrators at my campus to create awareness about student publishing on LinkedIn
Campus Ambassador, September 2018 - September 2019
Campus Ambassador of YourStory responsible for leading campaigns and projects on entrepreneurship and startups at my university, and playing a large role in inspiring others and forming connections with YourStory
Mentor, November 2019 - January 2020
Mentor (Tensorflow) for Google CodeIn - Google's global, online contest for Pre-university students of ages 13 to 17
Program Link: https://codein.withgoogle.com/
Google AI | Explore Machine Learning (ML)
October, 2019 - January 2020
Facilitator for implementing the Explore Machine Learning (ML) - a Google-sponsored program for university students to get started with Machine Learning. The curriculum offers 3 tracks of ML content (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) and relies on university student facilitators to train other students on campus.
Youth Venturer, 2016 - 2019
Youth Venturer of Ashoka India working towards an 'Everyone a Changemaker' world where anyone can access their power to contribute to the good of all by helping propel creative solutions to the world’s most difficult challenges
Intern, June - July 2019
Intern for scaling the present model using Artificial Intelligence to enhance the engagement levels of learners of NalandaWay Foundation's FUNDANGO - a technology-led educational service, which overcomes teaching-learning gaps in low resource classrooms through storytelling and creative projects thereby improving foundational learning in children.
Google Developer Student Club (DSC), LPU
Core Team Member, September 2018 - March 2020
Core Team Member of Google Developer Student Club (LPU) - a Google Developers program for university students, designed to help them build their mobile and web development skills and knowledge. It is intended to be a space for students to learn and collaborate as they solve mobile and web development problems.
Founder Member, 2015 - Present
Founder Member of LateraLogics Foundation - a platform I founded to inspire youth coders to become ChangeMakers committed to solving social challenges of this Imagination Age.
Young Mentor - New Gen Newton's Contest, June 2019
Mentor & Brand Ambassador for CADD Centre's New Gen Newtons contest - a great opportunity for young inventors to showcase their scientific inventions and stun the world with their ideas
Google Developers Group (GDG), Jalandhar
Core Team Member, September 2018 - April 2019
Core Team Member of Google Developer Group (GDG), Jalandhar, - a platform for developers to concentrate the efforts of many developers in and around Punjab who are interested in Google's developer technology; everything from the Android, Chrome, Drive, and Google Cloud platforms, to product APIs like the Cast API, Maps API, and YouTube API.
A Corona Virus Search Engine for Scientific & Medical Researchers
CORD-19 Search is a search engine & visualization tool designed to help the scientific & medical professionals to search for information on the corona virus within the CORD-19 Dataset with ease.
Check out the details here.
Learn & build Artificial Intelligence (AI) models without writing a single line of code!
AnyoneAI is a platform to learn and build Artificial Intelligence (#AI) models without having to write a single line of code! This is built with the aim to democratize AI education by providing an intuitive and interactive platform to gain a solid understanding of AI and learn how to solve problems with it.
Check out the details & download the source code for free here.
Track people on your CCTV cameras!
CogniTrack is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered person tracking system that acquires images from CCTV cameras, and track individuals using several advanced Deep Learning models.
The system offers a dashboard interface to the Administrator to track individuals by searching with ID, Name, etc. On searching, the current location and the feed of the camera tracking the user, are displayed. It also enables Admins to receive alerts when a selected individual is recognised by any of the cameras.
ConnectKerala is a Machine Learning (ML) powered platform aimed at connecting the victims and the relief workers involved in re-building the flood-hit state of Kerala with the required information from the ‘flood of tweets’ in the easiest manner.
SMARTStreet is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Street 'CCTV Garbage Detection & Alert System' that can help you manage street garbage collection in a 'smarter way' without any manual intervention.
ALICE Safety Bot
ALICE is an award-winning Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Virtual Assistant (Chatbot) designed to help you learn the techniques to be safe online in the most natural way – by chatting (voice or text).
Check out the details & download the bot & the embed code here.
Transform the way you engage with your clients/prospects on social media!
VISIBILITycs is a blockchain powered brand-ambassadors-driven social media marketing platform for today's businesses.
This Ethereum powered decentralised platform helps brands to connect with promoters and gain natural traffic to their websites at a 'flexible' cost.
Control your home devices from any part of the world in a smarter way!
Easily re-build your city by connecting volunteers!
iVolunteer is an app-based platform that was built to connect volunteers who wish to help rebuild the flood-hit Chennai city with aid-seekers and other agencies.
Check out the details & download the app & the source code for free here.
Scribbly is an intuitive app that lets you scribble your feelings and express yourself in the most natural way to the world through your mail, messenger, or social media network.
Check out the details & download the app & the source code for free here.
Ez School Bus Locator
Track your school bus using just your mobile phone!
Ez School Bus Locator is the world's first (free) school bus tracking mobile phone app solution! Just download the source code to build a custom version for your school!
Check out the details & download the bot & the source code for free here.
CORD-19 Search - A Corona Virus Search Engine for Scientific & Medical Researchers
Dedicating 'COVID-19 Search Engine' to all the scientific & medical professionals across the globe who are working selflessly round the clock to treat patients infected with the corona virus - https://lnkd.in/fZ9jENs
Hope this humble initiative will help you find answers to important questions regarding COVID- 19 quickly, folks.
Read more about it here.
AnyoneAI - Our project aimed at democratising AI Education
By empowering more women to build scalable solutions to problems in their own community, AnyoneAI looks to help solve climate change — one learner at a time.
Read my article on AnyoneAI - our project aimed at democratizing AI education by providing an intuitive and interactive platform to gain a solid understanding of AI and learn how to solve problems with it here.
Baidu’s Enhanced Representation through kNowledge IntEgration: Explained
The Internet holds thousands of petabytes of unstructured data, most of which is text. Natural Language Understanding (NLU) helps computers comprehend our language, and make sense out of it. This technology has profound implications for the future of technology and mankind, making information more accessible and discoverable.
Read my article on ERNIE 2.0, Baidu's latest NLU model that outperformed Google's BERT and XLNet on several English and Chinese NLP tasks here.
AI for All
In an ideal world, elegant AI solutions should be equally accessible by people of all backgrounds.
Here is my article 'AI for All' published in the Apr-Jun 2019 issue of the IEEE India Council Newsletter! - http://ieeecs-madras.managedbiz.com/icnl/19q2/p112-p114.pdf
Solving with AI - Colorectal Histology Tissue Classification
With this post on how to build a deep-learning model to classify tissue from histological data with Keras, I'm kicking off a new series - "Solving with AI".
How I got started with Machine Learning & AI
This is a post on my self-learning journey with Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) aimed at.helping others who want to get started with these technologies from absolute zero.
ALICE - Your Personal Learning Bot on Online Safety
Introducing Alice Safety Bot - an Artificial Intelligence (AI) powered Learning Assistant designed to help one learn the techniques to be safe online in the most natural way – by chatting (voice or text)!
Thanks to Google for presenting the First Prize in the Google Web Rangers Award this year to this cool little application.
The Company I Founded at 13
LateraLogics is a technology startup that I founded at the age of 13 with a vision to come up with solutions that will help make our world a better place! Our focus is on developing computer and mobile applications that serve as solutions for our everyday problems.
TALKS - WORKSHOPS - TechFests
Pie & AI
5 July 2020
MLOps is to machine learning what DevOps is to software engineering. In addition of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD), MLOps deals with Continuous Training (CT), and hence faces challenges that stems out of the fact that unlike software engineering which is about code, ML is about code + data. The talk is about MLOps - stages, best practices, and tools used in modern ML architectures.
More details here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pie-ai-phagwara-ai-mashup-tickets-109721588224#
AutumnHacks Hackathon, LPU, Jalandhar
12 Oct to 13 Oct 2019
Organized AutumnHacks, a 24-hour hackathon aimed at helping solve real-world challenges, at Lovely Professional University, at Jalandhar in Punjab. I had a great time right from planning out the event to sitting along with the judges and witnessing every pitch.
The submissions are live at:
Microsoft Technical Community, LPU
9 Feb 2019
Conducted a free interactive training on Machine Learning for the members of the Microsoft Technical Community - LPU (MSTC - LPU) on 9 Feb 2019 at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara.
The training included topics such as how ML is involved in our day-to-day lives, the math behind ML and how can one start exploring the beautiful and challenging world of ML.
Google Developer Group, Jalandhar
2 Feb 2019
British Council India
13 July 2018
Delivered a talk on 'My Entrepreneurial Journey' at the British Council India Chennai campus to a vibrant audience on 13th July 2018 as part of its celebration of the 'World Youth Skills Day'. This is the first episode of the first edition in the series of talks that the British Council is organizing under the banner 'Inspired by India'.
Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai
20 September 2016
As the Guest Speaker for ‘Sharpen The Saw’, the internal team event of Cognizant, Chennai, on Sep 20, 2016, shared experiences from my technology self-learning journey so far with the Cognizant Talent Management teams
Velammal Vidhyashram, Surapet
6 Dec 2014
As the Special Guest, delivered a speech to declare open Hi-Stride - Velammal's Kids Sports Day Meet - on 6 Dec 2014 at Velammal Campus, Surapet
Awards & Recognitions
The most honorable awards & recognitions I've received so far
Ashoka Youth Venturer | 2016
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) | 2016
Google India Code to Learn Contest | 2015
Winner in the ‘Google Code to Learn Contest 2015’ for my school fleet management mobile app solution ‘Locatera’. I was felicitated by Google India and the Ministry for Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India, for winning the contest; I received the award from Ms. Smriti Irani, the honourable union minister for Human Resources Development, at Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi, on 11 May 2016. Also present in the event was Mr. Ashwani Sharma, Head - University Relations, Google India and Mr. Rajan Anandan, Managing Director, Google India.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) | 2015
Velammal Vidhyashram | 2015
Recipient of the ‘Certificate of Honour’ from Mr. MVM Velmurughan, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Velammal Vidhyashram for the academic year 2015-16 in recognition of my achievements in the field of computer technology
Guruvayur Municipality | 2015
Computer Society of India (CSI), Chennai & IEEE Computer Society, Madras | 2015
Felicitated by the Computer Society of India (CSI), Chennai, and IEEE Computer Society, Madras, in 2015 for my achievements in the field of computer technology with a 'Certificate of Appreciation'
National Child Award for Exceptional Achievements | 2014
Winner of the ‘National Child Award for Exceptional Achievements 2014 (for Computer Technology)’ instituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. I received the award from our honourable President Pranab Mukherjee at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on 14th November, 2014.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) | 2014
Winner (First Prize) of the ‘App Inventor Bug Finding Contest’ conducted worldwide by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) of the United States of America in January 2014
Google India Code to Learn Contest | 2014
Velammal Vidhyashram | 2014
Recipient of the ‘Young Achiever Award’ from Mr. MVM Velmurugan (CEO of the Velammal group of schools) in May 2014
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) | 2013
Winner (First Prize) of the ‘App Inventor App Contest’ (K-8 category)’ conducted worldwide by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in January 2013 for my mobile phone app ‘Ez School Bus Locator’
Global Discovery Academy | 2013
mBillionth Award South Asia | 2013
Shruthi Memorial Award | 2013
Recipient of the 'Shruthi Memorial Award' for my 'Ez School Bus Locator' mobile phone app (in remembrance of Shruthi who lost her life in an accident in her school bus in 2012) from Akhila Malayalee Mahila Association (AMMA)
Pioneer Inter-School Science Competition | 2013
Second place winner in PIONEER – the inter-school science exhibition conducted by LEMONIVY - the Velammal Entrepreneurship Cell of the Velammal Engineering College, for my 'Ez School Bus Locator' mobile phone app solution
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Experience working on Machine Learning & Deep Learning technologies using software libraries such as Tensorflow, Keras, Numpy, Pandas, SciKit Learn & Matplotlib
Front End Development
Experience working with front end technology using tools such as HTML, CSS, Vanilla JS with UI Frameworks like BootStrap
Back End Development
Experience working with back end technology using tools such as C, C++, Java, PHP, Python, Node.js & Flask
Experience working with hardware prototyping tools/platforms such as Arduino & Raspberry Pi
Experience working with the Google Cloud Platform using components such as App Engine, Cloud ML Engine, DataFlow, Composer & BigQuery
Ensemble Learning (EL)
Leveraging the power of Ensemble Learning to improve the performance of Machine Learning (ML) models
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Optimising NLP models with pre-training with tools such as Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (BERT)
Hackathons / Competitions
Build for Digital India
2 Nov 2019
Our proposal on AnyoneAI - a platform aimed at democratizing AI education - got selected for the BuildForDigitalIndia program being conducted jointly by Google & Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology - National Informatics Centre.
Look forward to work on the platform to empower our youth & women to build AI-powered solutions for problems in our communities...proud to be doing our bit to better the lives of millions of Indians.
United Nations' RebootTheEarth Social Hackathon
17-18 August 2019
Participated in the 36 hours long RebootTheEarth Social Hackathon - conducted by the United Nations' Technology Innovations Lab at the Harton Innovation Campus at Gurugram in Haryana - building AnyoneAI, a platform to learn and build Artificial Intelligence models without having to write a single line of code!
The source code is available on my Github page for others to re-purpose and re-use: https://github.com/ArjunInventor/AnyoneAI
Smart India Hackathon 2019
Out of 1 Lakh+ technical students, 3000+ technical institutions, 200+ organizations from across India, our team made the way to the Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon, which was held on 2nd and 3rd March 2019. It was great working on our Artificial Intelligence powered person tracking system for (HCL Technologies) that acquires images from CCTV cameras (in stream or in batch), and track individuals appearing in the frame using several advanced Deep Learning Models.
Check the results here: https://bit.ly/2BAGG6d
Microsoft Hackathon 'MS Hacks 2.0'
1 to 2 Sep 2018 - Held at Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
Participated in the 36 hours long Microsoft Hackathon building ConnectKerala - my Machine Learning (ML) powered platform aimed at connecting the victims and the relief workers involved in re-building the flood-hit state of Kerala with the required information from the ‘flood of tweets’ in the easiest manner
The source code is available on my Github page for others to re-purpose and re-use: https://github.com/ArjunInventor
12 to 13 Oct 2018 - Held at SRM University, Kattankulathur
PIONEER Inter-school Science Exhibition
1 Mar 2013 - Held at Velammal Engineering College, Surapet
Won the second place in PIONEER – the inter-school science exhibition conducted by LEMONIVY - the Velammal Entrepreneurship Cell of the Velammal Engineering College, for my 'Ez School Bus Locator' mobile phone app solution
The source code of the app is available on the MIT AppInventor Gallery for others to re-purpose and re-use: http://appinventor.mit.edu/explore/stories/k-8-division-international-app-winner.html
'How Google Does Machine Learning' Course, 2018 June
- Completed 'How Google Does Machine Learning' - one of the five courses in the "Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform" series - an insightful course that explains what it truly means to be 'AI First'. Link: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/ZG4GZX772NQK
'Launching into Machine Learning' Course, 2018 June
- Completed 'Launching into Machine Learning' - one of the five courses in the "Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform" series - a course that provides in-depth knowledge on how different machine learning models work, and also some common pitfalls to look out for. Link https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/AQ9HYWP9ND92
'Intro to TensorFlow' Course, 2018 June
- Completed 'Intro to TensorFlow' - one of the five courses in the "Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform" series - a course that explains how to build your own TensorFlow model and deploy it on Google Cloud to automatically scale to millions. Link: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/verify/M3Z8X9CFJMUN
'Feature Engineering' Course, 2018 July
- Completed 'Feature Engineering' - one of the five courses in the "Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform" series - a course that explains the techniques to improve the accuracy of your machine learning models. Link: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/4SJAPPNNWJ59
'Art and Science of Machine Learning' Course, 2018 July
- Completed 'Art and Science of Machine Learning' - the final course in the "Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform" five-course series that equips you with the essential skills to fine tune and optimize your ML models for the best performance. Link: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/UKVHFN732MUH
'Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform' Course, 2018 July
- Completed 'Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform' a five-course online specialization that teaches course participants how to write distributed machine learning models that scale in Tensorflow, scale out the training of those models, and offer high performance predictions. Link: https://www.coursera.org/account/accomplishments/certificate/UKVHFN732MUH
'End-to-End Machine Learning with TensorFlow on GCP' Course, 2018 December
- Completed 'End-to-End Machine Learning with TensorFlow on GCP' - a course that is part of 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform 5 Course Specialization'.
'Production Machine Learning Systems' Course, 2018 December
- Completed 'Production Machine Learning Systems' - a course that is part of 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform 5 Course Specialization'.
'Image Understanding with TensorFlow on GCP' Course, 2019 January
- Completed 'Image Understanding with TensorFlow on GCP' - a course that is part of 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform 5 Course Specialization'.
'Sequence Models for Time Series and Natural Language Processing' Course, 2019 January
- Completed 'Sequence Models for Time Series and Natural Language Processing' - a course that is part of 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform 5 Course Specialization'.
'Recommendation Systems with TensorFlow on GCP' Course, 2019 January
- Completed 'Recommendation Systems with TensorFlow on GCP' - a course that is part of 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform 5 Course Specialization'.
'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform' Course, 2019 January
- Completed 'Advanced Machine Learning with TensorFlow on Google Cloud Platform' - a five-course online specialization that really equips one with the essential skills to optimize, deploy, and scale production ML models of various types in hands-on labs.
'Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals' Course, 2020 April
- Completed 'Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals' -
a 2-week accelerated on-demand course authorized by Google Cloud that introduces participants to the Big Data and Machine Learning capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
'Modernizing Data Lakes and Data Warehouses with GCP' Course, 2020 April
- Completed 'Modernizing Data Lakes and Data Warehouses with GCP' -
an on-demand course authorized by Google Cloud that helps learners get hands-on experience with data lakes and warehouses on Google Cloud Platform using QwikLabs.
'Listening Actively' Course, 2020 March
- Completed 'Listening Actively' - an online course offered by Harappa that is designed to help one understand the difference between hearing and listening. It will also help one to identify the challenges to listening and teach techniques that will help him/her respond smarter.
'Speaking Effectively' Course, 2020 February
- Completed 'Speaking Effectively' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that has been designed to introduce one to fundamental principles, techniques and best practices of being an excellent communicator in a professional context.
'Thinking Critically' Course, 2020 March
- Completed 'Thinking Critically' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that will help one evaluate, inquire, and construct arguments to become more persuasive, collaborative and action-oriented.
'Writing Proficiently' Course, 2020 April
- Completed 'Writing Proficiently' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that is designed to help one build strong writing skills which he/she can apply to his/her day-to-day workplace communication.
'Defining Problems' Course, 2020 May
- Completed 'Defining Problems' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that is designed to help learn about different types of problems, errors while defining problems, the Harappa Problem Definition Framework, and how to develop a problem-solver’s mindset.
'Unleashing Creativity' Course, 2020 June
- Completed 'Unleashing Creativity' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that is designed to help learn about approaching creativity as a learnable skill that can be perfected through practice.
'Discovering Purpose' Course, 2020 June
- Completed 'Discovering Purpose' - an online course offered by Harappa Education that is designed to help people learn about the tools and frameworks to identify their purpose and align their professional goals to it.
'Virtual Internship Program', 2020 July
- Completed 'Discovering Purpose' - a virtual internship experience offered by Harappa Education that combines three key elements:
1. Foundational workplace skills critical to career success
2. Hands-on learning and exposure through real-time projects, sourced from government institutions, e-commerce businesses and fast-paced startups
3. Inspirational live masterclasses by mentors and industry leaders
© 2021 Arjun S | All rights reserved